The painting “The Student” depicts a child studying.
This is either as an exclusive theme or integrated into a broader composition is associated with urban life.
A rare theme of Greek painting of the 19th century as it was dominated by themes of rural folk life. The boy seems to be concentrated in the study of a drawing that he has taken out of the sheath that is at his feet.
The distribution of light and shadow, bright and dark surfaces create a harmonious state of calm atmosphere.
This artwork has many virtues of drawing and synthetic erasure, of psychological self-interpretiveness and realistic observationality, of luminous reflectivity and the distribution of tones, but it is dull in terms of chromatic elaboration.
Elevate the decoration of your space with this marvelous, nostalgic work of art printed on high-quality, fade-resistant, thick, cotton canvas.
• Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base
• 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick poly-cotton blend canvas
• Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd2(470 g/m²)
• Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
• Matte finish coating
• 1.5″ (3.81 cm) deep
• Mounting brackets included
• Blank product in the EU sourced from Latvia
• Blank product in the US sourced from the US