In the artwork Reverie, the artist conveys the principles of beauty, purity, and hope that were at the heart of his creative philosophy in his paintings.
Long into the 1890s, these ideas and pictures continued to be the artist’s mainstays. These paintings were highly sought after by collectors throughout Europe and beyond due to their superior polish and precise attention to detail.
The academic art world at the time regarded Bouguereau as one of the greatest painters in history, yet the avant-garde despised him at the same time.
He also attained a widespread reputation and was in high demand in the United States, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Romania, and the Netherlands. His artwork was frequently sold days after it was finished. Before the piece was even finished, some were inspected by collectors from around the world and purchased.
The painting depicts a beautiful young woman posing in a skeptical position beautifully capturing a romantic evocation of youth.
Elevate the decoration of your space with this amazing masterpiece.
The painting was restored, enhanced and enlarged by Nizako and is distributed exclusively by Photoelixir.com
• Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base
• 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick poly-cotton blend canvas
• Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd2(470 g/m²)
• Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
• Matte finish coating
• 1.5″ (3.81 cm) deep
• Mounting brackets included
• Blank product in the EU sourced from Latvia
• Blank product in the US sourced from the US